Effective communication is more than simply talking. Being heard means having a listener who is ready to hear you.
Class is appropriate for:
Parents, adult guardians, educators, and any other adult humans who talk with other humans of all ages.
Class summary: Good communication is a vital part of any relationship from co-workers, family members, to ordering a pizza.
This class aims to help improve the skills required for effective communication.
Topics covered include:
- Characteristics of good comminication
- Obtacles that can interfere with connecting to others
- Creating a safe and encouraging space for difficult topics
- How to practice skills and prepare for difficult conversations
- 2 meetings - 2 hours each (there is a 15 minute break approximately mid-way through the 2 hours)
- Limited number of people per class
- Cost: $55/person
- Class meets online via Zoom
- Downloadable handouts
- Activities to try at home
- In-class activities to practice skills
Our next "Effective Communication" class is scheduled for May 26 and 27, 2023 from 7pm - 9:15pm EST.
Registration opens April 25, 2023
The information and resources on this website are intended to help individuals better understand the U.S. health care system, health services research and medical effectiveness, and diagnosed conditions, but not to provide specific medical or mental health advice. Individuals are urged to consult with their own qualified health care providers for all diagnosis and treatment, and for answers to personal health care questions.
© 2023 Strive Family Resources, LLC